Click here to listen to the Sermon as preached at the 10.00 Eucharist on Sunday the 2nd.
- Our poverty of spirit leads us to humble stewardship of the bounty God has entrusted to our care.
- Our mourning is our solidarity with our sisters and brothers who suffer for their faith in the promises of God.
- Our meekness is our willing surrender of the privileges of being rich in a world where many are poor in order that all may have enough to eat, meaningful work and places to live.
- Our hunger and search for righteousness will lead us to speak to the powerful on behalf of those who are powerless and silenced.
- Our mercy will arise from our awareness that we too have fallen short in our faithfulness to God.
- Our peacemaking will lead us to build bridges, not only elsewhere in the world, but here in our own city, our own province, our own country between those who find themselves in conflict.
- Our persecution will be known when others question our motives or even our sanity when we act in ways that challenge the status quo.