Early last week a young Roman Catholic colleague whom I met as a member of the Jewish-Christian dialogue and who teaches at Saint Mark’s College sent me a note regarding saints in the Anglican Communion. He asked me what impact recent Roman beatifications would mean for Anglicans. I told him there were no implications on Anglicans unless a particular province of the Communion chose to recognize one of the new Roman saints. I sent him some further resources about how Anglicans go about adding names to our liturgical calendar.
- What do you believe is the most urgent work God is doing in the world today?
- What role can you play in this urgent work?
- What gifts can you bring to this work?
- Who are your partners in this work?
- What one thing can you do in the next three weeks to join God in this work? Is a gift of your time or your talent or your treasure?