Monday, May 28, 2018

A Credo for Trinity Sunday

A Credo for Trinity Sunday
27 May 2018

Saint Faith's Anglican Church
Vancouver BC


I place my trust and my hope in a loving Creator who chose to bring into being all that exists, seen and unseen, known and as yet unknown.

I place my trust and my hope in Jesus of Nazareth who has shown me that human beings are meant to live in a unity enriched by diversity and who has shown me how to live in solidarity with all my sisters and brothers.

I place my trust and my hope in a loving Creator who inspires, enlightens, surprises and sustains us through the Advocate, the Spirit of truth, the Spirit of wisdom, the Holy Spirit.

I place my trust and my hope in authentic human life lived in loving personal and communal relationships that are life giving, unity restoring and wisdom bestowing.

I place my trust and my hope in every human being for we are all co-workers with God in the restoration of creation, so that, through God's grace, it may become whole, a world in which all God's children are free and where the dignity of every creature, human and non-human, is respected and nurtured.

I place my trust and my hope in the disciples of Jesus who have a particular vocation in achieving God's purposes for the whole of creation.

This is where I have placed my trust.  This is my hope.

No comments: