The sermon notes that follow are the beginning of a process of thought that has not yet reached its maturity. I am pondering what it means for us as Anglicans to have lost our privileged position in society even as we remain a means of God's saving compassion in a world focused on privilege, prestige and power. I hope that you will be patient with me as I work these thoughts out, whether in future sermons or essays. In the meantime, may God give us hope, guidance and joy.
- Learning to love our neighbours as ourselves.
- Showing hospitality to strangers, especially to those who have no knowledge or experience of the Christian faith.
- Remembering those who are held prisoner to hopelessness, hunger, homelessness and addiction.
- Honouring the loving relationships with which God gifts us.
- Building up the lay and ordained leadership of our communities.
- Doing good and sharing what we have.