- to persevere in resisting evil
- to proclaim by word and example the good news of God in Christ
- to seek and serve Christ in all persons
- to love our neighbours as ourselves
- to strive for justice and peace among all people
- to respect the dignity of every human being
- to safeguard the integrity of God’s creation
- to respect, sustain and renew the life of the earth.
The mission is vast, but God has so structured the human community that we have the gifts to accomplish this work if we choose the solidarity of a shared human identity rather than the ideology of privilege, self-interest and self-importance.