Click here to listen to the Sermon as preached at the 10.00 Eucharist on Sunday the 6th.
- Life is rich here at St. Faith’s and we think it is worth sharing.
- We are a small dynamic community, open to diversity, passionate and compassionate, rooted in the Anglican tradition of worship, prayer and music.
- We enjoy laughter and are not afraid of tears. We hope you will join us as you journey through all the seasons of the year and of your life.
- Scripture: God has spoken, is speaking and will speak to us and to all who listen through these ancient texts. Our task is to ‘read, mark, learn and inwardly digest’ them, to ask the question, ‘What is God saying to us --- to me --- in the Scriptures we hear read and proclaimed?’
- Reason: Human experience, human wisdom and human common sense help us discern what the Scriptures mean in today’s context. Anglicans fear no conflict between science and faith, between lived experience and received tradition. We believe that the Spirit moves within and around us to reveal more and more of the mystery of God in our lives and in creation.
- Tradition: We are not orphans. We have a heritage of religious thinking and acting that gives us perspective both on the Scriptures and on human experience.